I wish for my start screen to have a slight animation as when the player clicks the start button a Gunshot is heard and the glass title screen gets penetrated like your screen was just shot. I made the audio for the gun shot loud to scare the user as they are un expecting the shot with a delay. after various play throughs of the video you still jump due to the long delay.
After the title screen has been displayed the screen will fade black into the gun on screen with a simple hint in the left bottom corner telling the user to click certain parts of the gun. ( This will be the only clue to the games interface).
The video was animated by myself using a program called Adobe After Effects CS5.5.
In After Effects I used various effects and plugins such as "Optical Flares" and "Action Essentials" which I had to research to acuire these plugins and visuals.
To make the gun slide I had to take the gun into Photoshop and slice the top of the slide and use the cut and copy layer select to make a new layer. The reason for this being is that I will now know what part is what when it comes to animating in After Effects and the slide will now be editable.
The magazine of the gun was also taken into Photoshop and edited into another layer, before doing this I had to use the curve tool and exposure to match the contrast and tone of the gun itself.
When animating the gun you will notice you see a muzzle flash and environmental glow from the light casted by the light of the muzzle flash. If you look carefully you will even see smoke animated by me and even a bullet shell casing being ejected out of the gun. This was all hand animated and the bullet casing of the 9mm bullet was just a still stock footage.
When animating the bullet I had to make the bullet a 3D object and change the X, Y and Z axis and rotoscope how the bullet would behave if projected out of the gun.
Below is the the animation created in After Effects.
GUN ANIMATION - ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS CS5.5
No comments:
Post a Comment